|What actually goes on behind the walls of a regional county jail? What are the characteristics of the incarcerated population? What prepares inmates after serving their time to take their place as returning citizens in the community? You will hear about specific skills and competencies in demand in the field of corrections today.|
Come enjoy a dialogue with five veteran staff members of a renowned progressive regional Sheriff’s Department to explore these and other questions.
Key focus areas include the role of research, addressing special needs inmates, substance abuse treatment, and housing.
Moderator: Diane Hall, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Martha Lyman, Research Director
- John R. Fitzgerald, Assistant Superintendent - Retired
- Sally Johnson VanWright, Program Director, After Incarceration Support Services
- Anthony Roberson, Substance Abuse Program Supervisor
- Karen Dean, Housing Specialist, After Incarceration Support Services
Preregistration is strongly recommended to avoid cancellation and to allow for proper planning.
The Kaleidoscope series is underwritten in part by PeoplesBank, which supports Bay Path College’s commitment to providing cultural and educational enrichment to the communities we serve.